London- On Friday, 8th June 2019, University of Roehampton Nepalese Society organised a grand 7th Inter- Uni Dance competition. Inter-University Dance competition is the annual event which was first initiated by Surrey University Nepalese Society in 2013.
The dance competition is among the different Universities based Nepalese societies in the UK. Every year many young talented individuals who go to different universities participate the competition and portray their stories through their agility and movements. The criteria are set to dance only in Nepali music and songs. The organising responsibility is carried forward automatically by the winner of the previous year.
There were 4 Judges to select the winner. They were Samir Gurung, Sujara Rai Basnet, Jenny Sunuwar and Bishnu Gaire. The winner won £1000 Cash prize, whereas 1st runner up and 2nd runner up won £500 and £300 respectively. This year, there were 13 different universities participated in this annual magnificent dance competition. It was held at Stratford Circus, London.
First: University of East London Nepalese Society
Second: Middlesex University Nepalese Society x University of Bedfordshire Nepalese Society (Collaboration)
Third: UCL Nepalese Society x Queens Mary’s University of London Nepalese Society (Collaboration)
1. Kingston University Nepalese Society
2. Canterbury Christ Church University Nepalese Society x St Mary’s University Nepalese Society (Collaboration)
3. University of West England Nepalese Society
4. Bournemouth University Nepalese Society
5. University of East London Nepalese Society
6. WILDCARD Entry: Middlesex University Nepalese Society x University of Bedfordshire Nepalese Society (Collaboration)
7. University of Surrey Nepalese Society
8. University of Portsmouth Nepalese Society
9. UCL Nepalese Society x Queens Mary’s University of London Nepalese Society (Collaboration)
10. Brunel University Nepalese Society
11. Reading University Nepalese Society
The Event was Sponsored by Joon Festival, O12 Bar and Grill Stratford and Essential Beautyworks, Plumstead. After the event, there was an after-party collaborated with Vibes Entertainment.